Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Orly - Halley's Comet

Hello there!

Today I have one of my FAVORITE polishes to share! This is Orly - Halley's Comet, from the Cosmic FX collection. This is one of the most loved nail polish collections released last year, with people going crazy over the colors. Rightfully so! Halley's Comet has been keeping me mesmerized for three days. Hey, that's a long time for me! I just took the pictures a few minutes ago, so you can see how well the polish is wearing, with almost no tip wear.

Halley flashes from blue to green to gold. This polish definitely reminds me of a mermaid. It has that feel.

While I do love this polish very much, a lot of people were disappointed in it and consider it the least original polish in the Cosmic FX collection. This is because both OPI and Zoya have dead-on dupes: Catch Me in Your Net and Charla, respectively. I prefer Orly because the bottles are slightly larger (.6 ounces as opposed to .5). This collection was priced higher than most Orlys though. They said it had something to do with the formula. Whatever, it's worth it.

In other news, I am obsessed with my LaLaLoopsy doll, Pillow Featherbed. That's her name. Really. BUT I did give her a new name, Esme. She's French. So is her little "mini-me" doll, GiGi. And she is too cute. I just love these dolls! I feel as though they were made for adults, even though they are targeted to children. They appeal to the same people who love Blythe dolls, I think. Anyway, this is how weird I am. I'm playing with dolls again. And I don't even care!


Thanks for reading! Please comment and Follow!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome color.

    Toys, dolls, action figures, games, whatever - all contribute to imagination, and by extension, well being. <- how's THAT for rationalization?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Jim. And Esme IS adorable. Love the striped pj's. I have a color similar to this Orly shade, but it doesn't have the glitter in it. I really, really like the glitter. From typing all the time, the only polish that seems to stay on well is glittery kinds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!