Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Zoya - Mimi

Hi, friends!

Sorry it's been a few days. I had a lot of trouble taking good, accurate pictures of today's polish, Zoya - Mimi. This is one of the three polishes I picked up for free from their recent "sale." It's a beautiful purple shimmer!

It's not as blue as it looks here. It's more shimmery than it looks here. Now you see why I was so scared to take pictures of non-creme polishes. I also don't really get why my pinky always looks like the polish is see-through. It doesn't look like that in real life, promise. Um, in full disclosure, I tried to "airbrush" my cuticles a bit, but they still look gross.

Anyway, I kinda realized that dark colors aren't my thing at the moment. My nails are longer than they've been since high school, and I prefer lighter tones to match the length. Darker colors look a little too vampy right now. Oh, well. I popped a coat of Orly - Shine On Crazy Diamond over Mimi yesterday, but I didn't really take a picture. It's a clear polish chock full of holographic glitter. This is the only picture I took all day (with my Blackberry), but I'm mostly sharing it to show off my cool new ring! You can see a little holo goodness shining in the light.













Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love Mimi! And well, any purple polish really. I'm so mad I missed their free polish give away recently!
    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't lie... I'm more in love with your ring than this color. But I still really like the color. I can't wait for my polishes to come in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!