Friday, January 7, 2011

Chanel - Black Velvet



Today I'm sharing a recent NOTD (nail of the day). This is one of two Chanel polishes I own. Black Velvet is from a few seasons ago (the Noir Et Or Paris-Shanghai Collection), but is still available at Chanel.

I lusted over this one for a while. With a $25 price tag, it's not exactly practical, but it is unique. It's not a matte, not quite, but it has a finish almost like black vinyl, or rubber or something. Very sexy, ladies! And yes, this is the most expensive polish I own. My other Chanel was $23.

However, I VERY rarely wear this polish, and not just because I have too many colors to re-wear colors regularly. Black Velvet takes FOREVER to dry. And because you don't want to wear top coat over it and ruin the unique finish, you get tip wear on the second day- at least I do. So while this polish is really cool and special, it's not one of my favorites.

I tried to get pictures that show the finish, but I'm not so good with the whole camera thing, so please be nice. In the second picture, you can tell I dinged up my middle finger. I tried to wait for the polish to dry, but I got tricked! And ugh, my skin looks so dry in these! I've been moisturizing like crazy, but the cold weather is tough.


It also annoys me that the Chanel label on the bottle has bubbles. If I'm paying $25 for a polish, can you at least affix the label properly? Come on now!

On a personal note, I'm back at the gym nonstop, and feeling a lot less jiggly. The farther I get into my bio classes, the more I realize I should take better care of my body. So here I am! So far, I love it. I have off of work alllll month, so the gym is a nice place to kill time. Having a month off sounds pretty sweet, but it's actually terribly boring. I can't wait to get back to teaching! I'm finished with all of my pre-nursing credits, so I'm not taking any classes myself this spring. Yay! Hopefully I can pick up a few extra classes to TA so I can stay busy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!