Friday, March 18, 2011

Hello Kitty by Sephora - Purple Sprinkles

Hello, readers! Preeeeeetty sure this is the best bottle shape I own- Hello Kitty's face! Yes, I am a Hello Kitty fanatic. I know, sort of creepy for a 28-year-old woman, but I can't help it. The earliest toy I remember playing with is a Hello Kitty viewfinder, when I was three years old. When Hello Kitty came back HARDCORE in like 1995, I was all over it! I bought a tin Keroppi box on my 8th grade class trip to Busch Gardens theme park. Heck, I have a Hello Kitty tattoo. SHHHHH, don't tell anyone.

Anywho, it's no surprise that I was all about the Hello Kitty by Sephora collection when I heard about the launch. By the time I checked out the Sephora site after getting the email about the special pre-sale, all of the nail polishes were sold out. I was so sad! But, it gave me extra time to figure out which polish(es?) I wanted to buy. I waited until there were swatches online and realized I have dupes for all of the cremes, and this polish seemed much more pigmented than the pink one, so there you have it!

The nail polishes are actually called "Hello Kitty by Sephora Liquid Nail Art." Whatever, call it what it is- polish. Anyway, this polish is really beautiful- even my boyfriend commented on it, which is pretty rare. Like many purples, Purple Sprinkles was very difficult to photograph! I think the pic of the bottle without my nails shows the color most accurately. It's a blue-toned purple with green, gold, and blue big pieces of glitter and smaller purple shimmer, to my eye.
Very pretty, but unfortunately, Purple Sprinkles began to peel right off my nails in big sheets after one day. I want to give it another try, because I don't think I let it dry enough between coats. Either way, I expect a little more for $10. I don't know. I'll give it another chance soon, maybe just a coat over a pastel creme or something.

What do you think? Do you have any of the Hello Kitty by Sephora polishes? How was your St. Patrick's Day? Talk to me!

2 comments:

  1. Almost every sparkles that I've used on their own and not over another matte color peel off in sheets :( That is a very pretty color though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @carabobeara Now that you say that, I feel like I've had this experience before too. Oh well, at least I can use it for layering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!