Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects - Kitty, Kitty

Hello lovely readers! I got my first paycheck from my new job, so I decided to treat myself to something I've wanted to try for a while- Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. I've been seeing these in my local stores for a few months now, but I didn't want to spend $9 for one manicure. I figured I could buy a couple bottles of nail polish for that price, so it's not worth it.

But then I started thinking about how much manicures cost in a salon, and that if I picked a design I couldn't easily paint on myself, maybe it would be okay. Plus, I really wonder if they really last ten days, so I decided to go for it. I chose Kitty, Kitty because I'm really into leopard print lately (I know, I'm really behind on that trend), and also because I knew I didn't have enough patience to try to paint this nail design on my nails myself.
Application was very simple- the process took me about 15 minutes total. I messed up my ring finger by placing the strip too far from my cuticle, but all my other nails look pretty good! These pictures were taken on Friday morning, right after I applied the strips. So I have worn these all day Friday, all day Saturday, and all day today- three days. So far, I have no cracking, splitting, chipping, and very minimal tip wear.
I'm actually still happy when I look at my nails, which is special because I usually get sick of my polish rather quickly. I'll keep you guys updated on how long these actually last, or how long I make it before I get sick of them!

What do you think? Have you tried these yet? Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. These look great! I'm tempted to get some myself but think they're pretty pricey as well. Let me know how long they last total :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!