Saturday, July 9, 2011

Deborah Lippmann - Boom Boom Pow

Hello, readers! Today I have an awesome Deborah Lippmann polish to share: Boom Boom Pow. This polish is made with real 24K gold dust, and it's very different from other chunky gold glitters. I have one by Sally Girl, but it lacks the tiny gold microshimmer particles of Boom Boom Pow. I have seen a lot of swatches of this polish layered over darker colors, but I decided to put it on bare nails (with my usual Orly Bonder as a base and Seche Vite as a top coat).

I really like this look! My nails do feel a little naked, and they're not the whitest they've ever been, but I feel like since the polish is gold and not truly clear, it doesn't matter so much. This polish is too beautiful to not wear alone every once in a while. Please click the picture to enlarge it and see the gold microshimmer!

What do you think? Do you ever wear clear-based glitters on your bare nails? Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. That's amazing. Dawn used to do gold leaf faux finishing and I was always amazed that it contained "real gold."

    I have to say I never wear clear-based glitters on my bare nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovely! I wonder how it would look layered over a nude or a soft pink...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that's so pretty! I definitely like the look of sparkly nails, but I usually go for something thats more dense, or I'll layer it over a neutral polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this just like you did it - alone - not over a base shade. Did not think I would like/need this DL and now have a totally different thinking on this one! Thanks so much for the swatch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!